Doug Terry is the founder of Doug Terry Law, where he handles a broad range of litigation matters. Doug’s practice is focused on insurance bad faith, personal injury/wrongful death and class actions, but he also handles commercial litigation and medical malpractice cases.
Examples of insurance bad faith cases Doug has handled include:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist claims (improper investigation, unreasonable delay, wrongful denial, underpayment)
- Health insurance denials (improper investigation, unqualified/biased medical reviews, wrongful experimental/investigational denials)
- Homeowners insurance claims arising from storm damage and other causes (Improper investigation, unreasonable delay, biased experts, wrongful denial, underpayment)
- Commercial property claims arising from storm damage and other causes (Improper investigation, unreasonable delay, biased experts, wrongful denial, underpayment)
- Life Insurance denials (coverage disputes, rescissions, alleged misrepresentation on application)
- Disability insurance denials (coverage disputes, biased medical reviews, rescissions, alleged misrepresentation on application)
- Coverage disputes between insurance companies and policyholders (improper investigation, biased analysis, ambiguous policy provisions, rescissions)
- Failure by insurance companies to defend and/or indemnify policyholders against third-party claims (improper coverage analysis, ambiguous policy provisions)
- Class actions by policyholders based on wrongful claim handling practices by insurance companies (systematic improper investigations and/or denials of policy benefits)
Doug has a proven track record of successfully litigating, settling and trying lawsuits for his clients. He takes pride in his reputation as a professional, aggressive, effective advocate for his clients.